17 July 2012

More BBQ recipes

Last year I had such a great response from the BBQ recipes I shared, I thought I'd share a couple more.Italian Dressing is one of our favorite staples during the summer months. We've always had such great success marinating our meats in it. The last weekend Hubby had with us, we grilled steaks and of course some bell peppers and onions, and it was sooo good!

Grilling Steaks is great if you can take the time in the morning and marinate the meats for a couple hours. I simply dump the meat in an aluminum pan and pour probably a whole bottle of Italian dressing on top (There are 5 of us, but I have a couple teenagers who eat more than their fair share) and then cover with foil and put in fridge. Toss every now and then.
When you're ready grill to your preference.

Another great recipe we love is Oriental Chicken Salad- but without the chicken if we're already grilling meats.

1 head of cabbage, sliced, diced, chopped or however you like
green onions
2-3 pkg of ramen noodles
toasted almond slices
toasted sesame seeds
Dressing:
3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 c. veg oil
1 packet of ramen chicken noodle seasoning

I usually prepare the cabbage and dressing separately and refrigerate earlier. The crunchy stuff I keep in a ziplock if done early.  This dish is best served right after you combine all the ingredients.  If the Ramen and almonds get too soggy it's not so good.  If you want you can add diced cooked chicken pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment