04 May 2011

Cautiously Optimistic

The media has been dissecting and debating the events of Sunday night for a couple days now.  They've shown a lot of the clips of people across the country celebrating and have also shown interviews with families of the victims of 9-11.
I think I'm a little on the side of cautious optimism.  Yes this is a great thing- bin Laden was an evil man who deserved what was dealt to him.  But there are still men and women, husbands and wives, sons and daughters still in the middle east devoting their time and skills in defense of freedom.  And I worry for them and their families.


A blog I was directed to shares one view from an Army husband whose wife is in Afghanistan.
bin Laden is dead, why and I not rejoicing?

A reminder of what these soldiers are doing:

No comments:

Post a Comment