23 June 2012

Space


Hoda and KLG had a segment on the TODAY show "Why space can be good for your Relationship"

As a MilSpouse we get to experience this first hand and often, and with longer periods of "space". I thought about this for a while and have realized with each deployment I have learned something new about myself.  I've grown stronger and developed a greater sense of self while doing things on my own, a great appreciation for my husband when he IS home, and have learned to rely more on God to help me through those times of difficulty. Each deployment has brought me greater clarity of who I am and who I'm capable of becoming.

So, although each deployment can be hard, being alone, having to deal with life/family/children as a single parent, it can also be a time of growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment